How life goes

 

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

‘My daddy strongest…’

Said my 5 year old nephew Rithik, ‘my daddy is very intelligent, I would become an engineer like my daddy when I grow up’. His pride for his father reminds me of my young days, it’s like I am looking at my kid self. Aahhh…makes me feel even though times have changed the human feelings and values are still intact. We are brought up in totally different environment; after all we both belong to exactly opposite sides/surfaces of the globe.

For every child his/her father is a hero… and I am no any exception. My parents have always been my role models. Learnt a lot from them growing up and am still learning. They have expertise in totally different fields… and we as children are lucky enough to learn from both of them. My mom is good at values of life, relations (relations not just micro level, but also macro level… international), decision making, exceptionally good at geography, history and also her major subject biology. Once (once here means just recently) I was looking for Netherlands in the world map and noticing it my mom not just helped me finding it but also told me that Netherlands is mostly below sea level and that they have constructed a tidal barrage to overcome the problem and that it is well known for flower gardens. So much I got when I asked for just the location?

She taught us sibling love and sharing.

My dad groomed me with my education. I still remember the time when I first started learning variables in math in 6th grade. x, y, and z in math? To me they were just English :D gave my dad tough time learning it :)… I was known in the school for my elocutions and essays, I won many prizes too… still there at home… and who writes them for me? My dad. Patiently takes time out and I just reproduce whatever he writes…can never forget the power plant engineering subject in my 4th year of eng. It was like French and Latin until my dad’s helped me with it… and guess what… I scored my highest in the subject.

To me my dad is the most knowledgeable person I have ever met. He has an answer for just about any thing. May it be inflation, may it be RBI role, may it be economic situation, may it be dollar rupee relation, may it be oil prices fluctuating…he has an answer for every thing. I have always had that pride for being his child. People compare me with my dad, they say I am just like him, and I feel so great about it.

I have been following him all through my life… don’t know when I crossed him over, there were few instances in past few days where we exchanged our roles, my father was learning from me… don’t know when I have grown so far… if this is what is growth, then I surely don’t want it… I can never see myself explaining things to my dad…to me he is the teacher and I am the student. I always want to be my dad’s little child tracing his foot steps.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • You have good fortune of having a Great Dad !

    Reminded my childhood days ! Missing my Dad !

    Nice blogging !

    By Blogger garikapati, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home