How life goes

 

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Is being empathetic enough?


India, India, India... is what in my mind right now… I am not able to get my home and my parents off my mind after my trip to ‘INDIA’. Well this is our choice and we need to accept it.

I had to have a movie fest to get out of the grief for a while. During this movie marathon, I happened to watch Adam Sandler’s ‘CLICK’. I should accept that I enjoyed watching this movie; it has a rare combination of comedy with a message. It is a story of a man who chooses career before family, though it starts as a comedy it becomes quite emotional later on, it makes every person think for a while if he is playing Adam Sandler in real life.

Adam Sandler happens to buy a ‘Universal Remote’ in ‘Beyond’ section of bed bath and beyond :)… it is a remote which can forward, rewind and pause the episodes of life. There was one particular scene where Adam Sandler was looking back at the passed episode of his life, where in his father comes to his office to invite him for a family outing. Adam Sandler was so occupied with his work that he couldn’t expend 2 seconds for his father. He straight away rejects without even looking into his dad’s face. He realizes how disrespectful he was towards his father and family later on while watching this episode of his life with the help of remote. At that instance it clicked to me, how watching ourselves as a third person helps us find our flaws.

This really is working for me, whether it is in social or in private, we find excuses for our behavior oohh it’s a long tiring day for me, my boss really pissed me off… I have a headache, really in bad mood, I should be getting that promotion, blah blah blah…when you look at yourself as a third person, you will realize what you have done, it is like watching yourself from stranger’s eyes who forms opinion on you just by watching you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home