How life goes

 

Friday, May 22, 2009

Purse purse where are you

Last week was a hectic week and we had been rushing around to get things done... With the little sleep I was able to catch up I wake up half asleep and half tensed that it is getting late to work. You have to watch me getting ready to work, you would think you are watching a fast forward tape! After months of calculating and recalculating I follow the effective, efficient way of doing things! Every second counts and every part of my body runs.

After getting ready, I come down, realize that the clothes were not put in the dryer and go to the laundry room, put them in dryer and come out, which surprises Vijay. He thought I was inside the room just long enough to turn on the switch :D After packing lunch and doing little this and that, I open the closet to grab the purse and run to the office. A look of sudden shock on my face from what I found there! I see no purse! I run around the whole house and search for it and still I find it no where.

Then I calmdown, and start thinking when I have last seen my purse. Was that yesterday? No, we haven't gone out anywhere yesterday. Was it day before? Yes could possibly be. Let's see where I have gone day before yesterday.

We started in the morning, done some grocery shopping, then went to grapevine mall browsed around some 5-6 stores, went to radio shack, then best buy(bought a digital frame for my mother for mother's day, and she loves it) and then to airport to pick my parents. vowwww so many places. Did I wear my purse to all these places? Then I remember taking purse to the airport, the place we have last visited on that day. I remeber wearing it in the waiting area! Then my mom says she hasen't seen me wearing any purse.

Ahhhhh I realize that with the excitement of seeing my parents coming out I left the purse on the chair and ran to them :(
And then things started hitting me, I have all my credits cards, debit cards, check book and also my EAD card and drivers license in it!!!!!!!! And it 's been two days and I haven't monitered any of my accounts!!!! Any thing could have happened by now.

And then Vijay gives a hope. Since it is in the airport nobody will touch it thinking there might be some explosives in it. We should be calling the 'Lost and Found' in the airport. I was so sure that as soon as I call them they will say 'Come take your bag Sharmila'.

I called them, they found nothing, called them the next day, nothing, the third day, fourth day nothing. Surprisingly there are no fraudulent activities also on any of my accounts. Called them the 5th day, nothing. I then lose hope and cancel all my cards and apply for replacement driverse license. Then comes a letter from the 'Lost and Found' of the airport saying that they have my purse and I can collect it any time between 9 AM to 6 PM. It first went to my old address on the license and then came to me. I have been calling them all these days, they say they have nothing and then they send me a letter saying they have it? weird. But who cares. I got my purse back. But was it worth all the trips I made to the airport and all that I had to go through to cancel my cards and apply for new license?

I don't know, but I am happy seeing my cute little red wallet I had in my purse that I loved having :) It is so chick like and I hardly used it. Thanks to the 'Lost and Found' and good to see you back little purseeee :)

1 Comments:

  • hahaha... induke antaaremo " if its urs, it will come back to you" ani :P

    btw, the chick in me wants to see the chick like red wallet that the chick in you loves so much.. post some pics..

    By Blogger AS..., at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home