How life goes

 

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In the name of Culture

I couldn't believe what I saw the other day in news. Atrocities being done in the name of religion and culture!




The Sriram Sene activists attacking women at Mangalore pub is no different from Taliban 's acts against women for me. In the centuries of Indian History and culture where does it justify beating and attacking women.

We boast of India being the largest democracy in the World, well, don't we even have the right to live our life in our own terms? What way is this different from Taliban's treatment of women? Are we moving forward with time or going even backwards? Shame on us that we are allowing these people commit such crimes in the mask of religion. Hinduism never ever preached these ideologies.

I was so horrified when I read of Taliban s restrictions over women by Kaled Hosseni, an Afgan born writer. Women were to wear burkha all the time, they were to be accompanied by men/husband while outside, they were barred from having education, they were not allowed to work, they had separate hospitals from men with poor facilities. A lot of widowed women had to leave their children in orphanages as they were barred from working and they were not to be seen on roads alone. They were beaten with hunters if found alone.

I was so horrified that I couldn't stop thinking about these women for few days, my blood boiled with rage, I thought I wouldn't let these things happen to me ever. Now what? I see similar things in my home land? Even though our religion never taught these? If you are so much into this whatever culture(can't say it's hindu culture) then go practice it yourself, why drag people into it.

I strongly feel severe action needs to be taken against these so called Sriram activists (shame on them to do this in the name of Ram), all the Indians, men/women should come together and raise our voice against these atrocities. Please don't make our beautiful country another Afganisthan or Taliban Raj.

Shocking revelation of a victim

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Mangalore_pub_victim_recounts_molestation_horror/videoshow/4034725.cms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home